Marriage at the Embassy

For the publication of banns, the following documents shall be provided:
1- A written request addressed to the Ambassador, bearing the full address and telephone contacts of the interested parties (engaged couples).
2- The certificates of celibacy of the applicants, to be established in Cameroon (for Cameroonians) to be legalized at the Ministry of External Relations. If the partner is not Cameroonian, his or her certificate of celibacy must be legalized by the embassy of his or her country of origin.
3- Photocopies of the applicants’ passports.
4- Photocopies of residence permits
5- Photocopies of birth certificates
6- Envelope duly stamped with name and address of the applicant.
7- Fees: 35 €

Marriage in a German / European Council

For Cameroonians
1- A written request addressed to the Ambassador (with telephone contacts).
2- Photocopy of the certificate of celibacy established in Cameroon and legalized at the Ministry of External Relations. If necessary, provide a photocopy of the divorce judgment.
3- Photocopy of the birth certificate.
4- Photocopy of passport.
5- Photocopy of the letter (or other document) with the address of the Council where the marriage will take place.
If the groom or bridegroom is of foreign origin (Africa only)
1- Photocopy of his/her birth certificate
2- Photocopy of his/her N.I C. or passport
3- A document indicating his/her single status (If he/she is divorced, also attach a photocopy of the divorce judgment).

As soon as these documents are received, the marriage banns are published by posting at the Embassy and a copy of this publication is sent to the Council of the place of birth of the Cameroonian party and / or the embassy of the foreign party, if any. At the end of a period of one month from the date of publication of the banns, and if no opposition to the said marriage project is registered, the Embassy may celebrate the marriage or issue a certificate of non-opposition to the marriage.

The date of celebration of the marriage is to be agreed with the consular service.
The fees for the celebration of the marriage must be paid at the latest on the day of the celebration.

You can view and download your marriage form at the Embassy online by clicking on the image.

This document is available in PDF format

It must be downloaded, completed and printed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Click here to access the list of documents to download.

error: Content is protected !!